Skip to main content

Re: My special place

@lavenderhaze today isn't really a good day. 

Thanks for the thoughts @Emelia8 The support goes both ways too.

@creative_writer it would be worth knowing either way.

Aw hun @Snowie 

We're all here for you

You have shown so much strength and you're so compassionate

I hope you're channeling some of that compassion and kindness towards yourself ❤️

Maybe do something that brings you comfort? Weighted blanket and binging Friends? 🙂

Its hard to show compassion when it is self inflicted @lavenderhaze 

Under my weighted blanket. Have the tv on buy not really watching it. 

I hear you @Snowie ❤️

I think it's much harder to be kind to yourself than others

I try to remind myself that I am doing the best I can when the negative voice in my head is getting too loud

I try to think of myself as a little girl, and it gets a bit easier to show her compassion than my present self, if that makes sense.

I was asked why @lavenderhaze. Why when I have kids and a hubby. Like I don't have enough shame already. Why be kind when all I feel is shame. That negative voice is overpowering. It does not give one a break.

My psych always says to picture I am talking to myself when I was young. What would I say to that little girl. Why would anyone care. They didn't back then.

Shame is such a tricky emotion, @Snowie. Like anger, shame usually hides another emotion beneath it. 

I completely understand when you say the negative voice is overpowering, and there's no rest. It is so difficult to turn off that voice in us sometimes. 

I usually look at myself in the mirror and say things I would say to that little girl. What you say is not important; it's more about making sure that the little child in you feels heard and seen. Especially if you feel nobody cared back then. Tell her that she deserves love. ❤️

@Snowie how are you feeling this afternoon? 💖🫂

I avoid mirrors @lavenderhaze I hate looking at myself. 

That voice doesn't give in. It wins in the end.

Minute by minute @creative_writer 

How is your day going?

@Snowie and that okay. Sometimes you need to take it minute by minute. Are you doing anything for self-care this afternoon?

It's okay, studying full time is busy