Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: derogatory voice inside my head

@greenpea  I get this a lot. like other peoples thoughts inside my head it is super uncomfortable and can be really distressing idk I think my psychologist called it something like "thought insertation" anyway i am not sure how to help with it but it really does suck. 

I have derogatory voices in my head - a man and a woman. Have had for just over three years

Further to that, they make me feel worthless and stupid, nothing I do earns support, it’s like having an anti cheering squad in my head

@greenpea the only time I remember an experience like that is a little while back I woke up intensely at the end of a dream, shocked by my own voice yelling loudly at me. I have a lot of 'me-voices' in my head, day and night, sometimes way too loud for my comfort, sometimes quiet, especially when something else is taking my attention. My me-voices are many, judgemental of me and demanding of perfection. Then there's the other fast me-voice worried and pleading with that other voice to go easy on me. I am looking forward to increased exercise and nature walks with my NDIS that's already started. Love and hugs to you. Heart

@Judi9877  Hi Judi9877  thank you for your reply :). Basically I do as you do say to myself it is not real and force it out of my head. Music really helps me deal with everything in my day to day living. I took up knitting awhile ago and sucked at it but might try again regardless., Thanks again much appreciated. Love peaxxx

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 I was hoping I would hear from you as I knew you would come up with some good info. I just looked up 'thought insertation' and it came up with this ' Thought insertion is defined by the ICD-10 as feeling as if one's thoughts are not one's own, but rather belong to someone else and have been inserted into one's mind.'. that is so true. That is exactly what it feels like. I will do some more reading on google about it. Thanks Eden1919. Hope you are doing well hunny. Love peaxx

@Daughterofllyr  Hi Daughterofllyr your words " anti cheering squad in my head" is so true.  Like I said previously why are the voice/s always so negative? Take care. peax

@Mazarita  That sounds awful Mazzy :(. And the screaming is definately your voice? I look forward to hearing about your walks with your ndis worker :). Love peaxx

@Former-Member  Hey florenceforty dont know how I missed your post yesterday sorry and thank you for your reply. It sounds and feels like my old voice from when I was psychotic having some kind of break through into my reality. Like the voice has been contained and found a weak spot and pushed its way out for a brief moment. I will definately talk with my psychiatrist next visit. Thanks again. peaxxx

Yes, I think it's a good idea to mention this to your psychiatrist.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance