Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Hugs my angel. Come sit beside me. Jasper is asleep & Mr A is having a wash.

I have a course to attend tommorow from Blue Knot. It's about dealing with trauma. So could be another difficult day.

I just came home, changed into my pj's and have been playing some games since. I couldn't stomach dinner.

I'm going to make a hot drink in a minute and read a book.

@outlander

Thanks sis ill come sit with you.

Mm hopefully the course is ok @Sans911  and its helpful rather then being too tough... 

Your  afternoon sounds much like mine. I made sure pop had dinner and his pills. Ive still been awake but hes been watching his movies so hes alright. I was playing games but got bored of that now. 

What are you reading? 

I'm reading 'I know my name' by c.j. Cooke. I cheated a little and read forward a bit. It's about DID and multiple personalities. It's pretty good because it's not triggering at all. It just reads like a story. But with some strange quirks which you can't figure out until later in the book.

Mr A has come to lie on my leg, but he's not too happy as his tail is twitching. But he is purring.

@outlander

Sounds like an interesting book @Sans911 some books take forever to actually  get into the story dont they 

Hes cute. Nice and cuddly the past  few days.. wheres Jasper tonight? On his blanket at the end of your bed? 

Mr A has settled down to sleep. His head is on his tail. This is usually how Jasper sleeps as well but tonight his floofly tail is straight. His eyes aren't completely closed but he's asleep and dreaming because his face is twitching.

Yeah, I've read this book quite quickly. I have another about history and war and just can't get interested in it.

@outlander

Aw so cute. I wonder what hea dreaming about 

Id like to try and finish my outlander book series but it takes abit of thinking. Its set back i think the 1800s or something and the way they talk and scenarios can take some  thinking to actually understand. They are really good though, hopefully ill be able to get back into them soon. 

Any good book reccomendations? @Sans911 

I have the original outlander books and yes, they're a bit hard to get through. Do you have a local library?

Jodi Picoult books are easy to read. What genres do you like?

@outlander

I wanted to post you a really funny video from fb but can't. Dammit.

@outlander

Sorry sis i fell asleep for abit @Sans911 

Im not to sure on genres i basically read anything as long as its engaging..

Havent heard of jodi picult hut will have look and yep ive got a library nearby..

Pity about the video too!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance