Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Career Chat // What do you like about your work? // Friday 18 Nov. 12 pm AEDT

I will give the app a go. Thank you so much for your time and input. Again apologies for being abit last minute. I won't keep you back any further. Its Friday after all lol thanks again

Re: Career Chat // What do you like about your work? // Friday 18 Nov. 12 pm AEDT

No worries @Lochlyn ! Hey you like the 'helping' aspect of your job, well me too! Enjoy your weekend hope to see you back on forums soon, when you need it.Smiley Very Happy

You guys are the best! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Well it's another Friday arvo and time to finish up the forum, thanks to @Lochlyn@Kurra and @BlueBay for great contributions to our forum ... it's all about sharing our lived experience so every little bit helps. We are very grateful for the time you take to share - thank youuuu!

Next week it's a free topic final CareerChat forum so, join in with whatever you like!

Enjoy your weekend Smiley Happy

Sorry I missed this. I was working though Smiley Wink 

I wanted to share anyway because work has been, and still is, such a massively positive thing. I hope that's okay.

So there was a time when I thought I couldn't work - and that I would never work. I was on parenting payment because my kids were young but it was the time when the work/participation requirements for that payment were just startening to tighten and it filled me with such panic, because I just *knew* I was unemployable and so a work requirement would really mean losing my payment, and the impact of that on my kids was - well, you know.

Y'all don't want my life story, so skip forwards a decade or so and I now have work that:

• makes me feel like I'm doing something useful for that screwed-up-needy-world out there;
  • plays to my strengths, which others recognise, and so do I - I actually really know I'm good at it, which is a thought that's a gazillion miles from what I imagined for myself before;
  • on scattered days, gives me structure and focus which I need;
  • on really dark days/weeks gives me a dim light to look towards; and
  • I like it - there's no other thing in the world that I'd rather spend my days on Smiley Happy

Thanks for asking @Renstar

@Former-Member Thank you so much for sharing that ... As it's anonymous I plan on reading it out to my employment support group people on Thursday.

i know it will inspire someone and maybe give hope ... That's the plan anyway Smiley Happy

You may not know this it but you're an inspiration ... Thank you again 

I don't know about inspirational @Renstar but it's a good thing if it can help someone else imagine bigger possibilities for themselves Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance