Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

bipolar mixed episode

Hi i am not sure if i am experiencing a mixed episode or not i have had one before but it was a while ago and this feels a little different so i am not sure. if you have had them before what did mixed episodes feel like for you? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: bipolar mixed episode

Hey @Eden1919  I used to get mixed episodes (only realised they were a thing last year, my psychologist before that said you can't be depressed and manic at the same time which made me completely rule out bipolar 🙃)

I might not be the most helpful since I also got ultra rapid cycling and it is all a bit muddy.

But! Basically to me it felt like more and more agitation and a lot of energy while at the same time feeling terrible with all kinds of negative thoughts, typically a lot of anger as well. Definitely the worst time of my life I don't wish it on anyone.

I hope you coped / are coping alright. What kind of feelings did you get?

@Acanthiza  thanks for your reply. well the first time i had a mixed episode it was much like you described fast and agitated and lots of negative thoughts which is why i am not sure that what i am experiencing is the same thing at the moment i just feel incredibly unsettled and cant focus and feel like i cant settle down but i also am having negative thoughts and feeling sad and not great. but it doesnt feel as fast as the other time when i have had mixed episodes so yeah i am not sure what is going on really.  

Hey @Eden1919  I only got diagnosed at the end of last year so it is all new to me. I don't know what makes something officially a mixed episode but what you are feeling sounds bad enough even if it isn't like what you had before.

Are there things that help when it is like this? I have sort of "safety measures" which usually work to at least make things a bit more bearable. Well I am sure you would've tried them all already. Really hoping things settle down for you.

@Acanthiza  yeah i have tried all my usual coping things but they arent really working so it is hard. anyway it hasnt settled yet but hopefully soon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance