Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: bad mother

Thanks For The Encouragement @Former-Member 🙂

My boys are 16 and 14 and my daughter turns 13 on Sunday.

I love them so much, I am blessed with a loving husband who makes such a wonderful father for the kids.

But I still just desperately want to finish my degree. But the kids need me most at this age where peer pressure is at its height.

I said to my psychiatrist that I'll complete my degree in a few years and he repeated it to me "a few years" so I might be around then hey, because sometimes I just don't think I'll be here.
Former-Member
Not applicable

🙂 something to aim for huh!

wow, i cant imagine my kids at those ages... growing up in todays world looks so tough, they're lucky they have you both looking out for them 🙂

LJ

Hi @Former-Member

You come across as a caring mother - and it is no wonder you are stress out with all the Family Court Pressure - some kind of invented nightmare to sort the chaff from the hay or whatever - and we do our best as mothers and it is the hardest job in the world and we are not given any training for it unless we go out of our way to attend parenting classes

I remember when DHS got involved with our family when our son was out of control - and thinking back now - no one could have helped him - he was too badly wired and too unhappy - but DHS kept pushing the buttons and pushing the buttons and pushing them thar buttons until I felt really tired and floppy which made it harder for me to mother this unhappy little boy

I hope DHS doesn't have the same attitude it had - well - I am trying to think we DHS got involved - but it was when my son's school teacher tried for several months of that school year trying and then burned out -  as did I - and others - we were all the the same place obviously.

So this must have been toward the end of 1980 - I think - so I hope it's not as hard on struggling parents -

I just thought - if the parents and the teachers and the psychologist and psychiatrists and social workers, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers are all in a quandry - it pretty much open slather - and you are going through the family court - that's not a fun place either

I've said as much as I should for now - I don't want you thread to be all about me - but this is my story and it helps me as well as you and everyone else in the discussion to know the background of longer posts about the subject

But hurrying interviews and harrassing people is not good form - and they are not in your shoes -

But I repeat - you come across as a good mother to me

Decadian

Hi @Decadian

I just came back from a poetry reading celebrating a culture that values the older wise woman .. and there were lots of couples and almost even split between the sexes (so not a batch of feminists).  It was fuller than most churches these days and there was singing and music.  Woman Happy

@Angels333 I agree with ljs comments. Hub, 3 kids working and holding a family of teens together is setting priorities. Dont underestimate the value in that.  There is plenty of time for pieces of paper. Starting to feel a sense of future is big.  Take care.

Hope you are sleeping at the moment @Former-Member

Thanks for telling me this Apple - it sounds like a worthwhile evening - I'm glad you went

It's a sad state that Western Society does not value the Wise Woman - but I think things are changing -

I was lucky enough to have my grandmother living with us when I was growing up - she was an Older Wise Woman too - and I have wonderful memories of my time with her -

And LJ - I hope you are sleeping too - something I should be doing by now

Decadian
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance