Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Vic Stage 4 Lockdown

Happy Friday to you too, @WIP !

I reckon there is definitely more anxiety around this second lockdown. I ventured out to the supermarket this morning and the hassled cashier told me that it had been extra busy all morning, due to some news report that Australia was running out of food! Which is obviously not the case. I agree that the people working on the front line are amazing. 

So I'm glad your anxiety has eased a bit. Yes, it's good the numbers have been lower the last 2 days.

I hope you can find a course you like the look of - that's a good idea. It would give structure to your week too, if you wanted that I guess.

Take care of yourself, @WIP  🙂

@WIP @NatureLover @greenpea 

Good to hear that you are looking at online courses and hobbies.

Hopefully you will find something.

If everyone realises that we are not going to run out of food it would hopefully stop the panic buying.

Hi WIP, I am sorry to hear things are challenging at the moment - and that there is now another 'layer' to your challenge with the recent tightening of lockdown measures. Sorry my reply to this is late, I hope it's still helpful. I am based in Melbourne and can definitely relate. Last week was a very hard week. I have some more optimism this week. I am trying to keep up my usually healthy coping measures - mindfulness, journalling, exercise. I am also trying to do some other activities that aren't just watching netflix to try to keep my mind off things - I have been doing some painting to try and keep my mind occupied. I think trying to maintain your usual coping mechanisms, and adding in some additional activities variety could help? I am interested to hear how you are going a week in. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance