Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ADJD
New Contributor

Struggling

Hi guys. 

my first post and I’m struggling. 
diagnosed last year  at 45 with mega ADHD 

and the diagnosis floored me,

currently going through much more stress than the average bear currently. Financial stress, appalling house /living condition due to crap landlord. 
missus having operation next month.  Job is shit and can’t get enough hours. 
was on (edited by moderator) which helped but new psychiatrists wants me clean to continue giving me (medication edited by moderator). 
only staying around because of the guilt of leaving my family. 🤷

3 REPLIES 3
amber22
Peer Support Worker

Re: Struggling

Hey @ADJD 

I've just sent you an email regarding some edits I've had to make to your post, but I wanted to check in and ask if you have any informal or formal supports that you might be able to reach out? 

Do you still see your psychiatrist? And how are you finding this?

Sitting with you

Sorry for oversights. I was just desperate to post
Have to see the new psychiatrist because I have relocated, but need to try to get clean before I go back
Cause of the stress I was using it as a crutch.
But we didn’t get along either

Hello @ADJD,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing.

It sounds like you have a lot happening right now and I can see how that would be quite distressing for you.

While waiting to be able to see a new psychiatrist, I'm wondering if any other types of supports would be of any help to you?

Depending on where you live and your preference (online, phone or in-person), there may be some support services that could help you manage some of this stress. By referring you to external supports (financial counselling, tenancy support, AOD counselling etc.)

Let me know, and I would be happy to list some support services that may be of some use to you.

I've also just found these ADHD specific supports that may be of interest to you:

I hope you can find the support that you need.

Know that you are not alone,

defaultusername

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance