Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

I am so sorry your pdoc visit was  so short @Bow that is not right at all.

I can understand you being anxious about tomorrow’s appointment sweetie. I get really anxious prior to appointments too and I even told my pdoc that I didn’t want to waste her time yesterday so you’re not alone on that one.

I’ll pray for you in the morning...that’s all I can offer as well as some hugs and a chai with you afterwards.

Sleep well. 💜💚🦋🤗🙏🤗🦋💚💜

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Eve7 @outlander 

I should be asleep but am wide awake still.

@outlander my psychologist put through a referral for a case manager for me- I've been accepted but not allocated one yet. Will be some extra support considering my psychologist is not full time. I do have some goals other than my mental health, my psychologist sometimes reminds me of them. I think perhaps they will be things that my case manager will help me with too. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Drowning tonight

dont know why I am here 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Sitting with you @Bow. What might help you stay afloat tonight? 

HeartHeart

Bow
Senior Contributor

It's a dark dark night @Jynx 

been hit from all directions today 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow I'm sorry to hear that today has been difficult in multiple ways. Anything you need to get off your chest? 

Bow
Senior Contributor

My dietitian appointment was really challenging today. It's really hard to accept how unwell I am when my ED screams the opposite at me. When my dietitian wants me to put boundaries in around the things that I do to help me cope. 

I feel really disconnected tonight like I'm watching from outside it doesn't feel good

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow Accepting how unwell we are is really scarysometimes. I feel you on that one, it took me many, many years to actually realise how much I needed help, because my brain decided it was too painful to admit how bad things were.  

Is this feeling of disconnection something you've experienced much before? Sounds a bit like you might be experiencing dissociation, which makes sense as often it is a way for the mind to cope with incredibly distressing experiences. You could always engage in some grounding, it typically helps us to reconnect with the present moment. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Perhaps

jus feel myself sinking deeper tonight

no hope 

I'll log off before I'm in trouble 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Do what feels right for you @Bow, especially if talking about things is currently not helpful for you. I know today was tough, I hope tomorrow is better for you. 

And of course, please reach out to your supports as needed. And you can always ask a helpline for support in doing a grounding exercise. 

Sending many hugs to help you through HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance