Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Looking for some cheer and support

Ooooo @Little_Leopard , hugs to you. 

I'm so so sorry this has happened to you and it's taken me so long to read this message!

How are you travelling now? I'm so sorry I didn't respond earlier. 

You deserve better. You deserve the best. 

Just know that I'm thinking of you and hope you are in a better place.

@NatureLover  Sorry I missed your message. It was shit. I will never go back. GP’s can be the worse. No wonder people don’t get help. You never know what kind of “help” they are going to give you

Hey @tyme  I am better. I have some other supports in place and have someone who is helping me to find a better long term GP and psychiatrist.

thanks for checking in.

how are you?

I'm so relieved to hear from you @Little_Leopard . I was concerned about you after what happened. 

Hunting for a GP you can trust is hard. I can relate to that because now my GP is charging close to $100 for a visit and I just can't justify it if it's only to write a script. Yes, she's a good doctor and took over my care from my acute mental health team, but I'm very stable at the moment and probably don't need that level of support. 

So does that mean I just go to my local bulk billing service and see anyone?

So that's my dilemma. As for you, you also have past experiences with GPs to consider when choosing a dr...

It's not easy.

@Little_Leopard wrote:

I am better. I have some other supports in place and have someone who is helping me to find a better long term GP and psychiatrist.

I'm so glad to hear this, @Little_Leopard  🙂

Thanks @NatureLover  🙂

Thanks @tyme  for thinking of my. You are always so wonderful and compassionate. I wish I could duplicate you so more of you could be in the world.

thats a hard decision, hmmm, I see your dilemma here. Especially with your GP’s knowledge of your situation. It sounds like it would be ideal to keep her but it’s very expensive to see her for every time you want a script.. $100 just for a script is a lot! Wow! 

Hmmm, An idea that I thought of was maybe you could arrange to have the instruction’s for your medication to be transferred to another standard bulk billing GP who you like and trust and then see the your current doctor on an “as needed” basis for more complex mental health needs when they arise.
I think if you communicate this with the GP’s then there should not be issues between you going back and forth between both as needed. I agree that It’s very expensive and I think it’s reasonable that you dont want to pay that high price for a simple script. You could have a very nice dinner for two at a restaurant and have money left over for that price! I know there are bulk billing GP’s where you just do a quick Telehealth for them to re do your script. Maybe you could keep seeing your current GP until you can sort out a bulk billing agreement like that?

I think we all have the right and ability to make decisions that are in our own best interests. I say do what you feel is best for you!

So glad that I finally have a good support person who is going to help find me a bulk billing GP. But then they are  also going to find me a good psychiatrist to help me

with the actual nitty gritty so to speak. The Psychiatrist will give instructions to the GP. 

I've never had much luck with private psychs. The 2 best ones I've had were in the public system. @Little_Leopard One was in a hospital and one was as part of my mental health care team. 

Can people recommend a few psychs to you and then you make the decision?

What else have you been up to lately?

Hey @Little_Leopard ,

I'm thinking about you as I haven't seen you around lately. How are you?

Hope you are okay.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

How are you travelling @Little_Leopard ? I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope you are okay.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance