Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Parzival
Senior Contributor

Loneliness

This disease keeps me up at night, I have no feeling of belonging anywhere

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Loneliness

Good evening at 2.47am lol
Since mental health, at times when chronic/actute which has become persitant last 10 years now and so distressing, my sleep is effected. On list of side effects, some medications can create sleeplessness and restlessness. I find it life with mental health when speaking to others also. We are told have a routine, but I think each day is a new day and life issues and events effect us. Fatigue, somehow just life and doing normal things is a kinda of pressure that just lowers the energy of a person with mental health. As for belonging, well I feel at odds a lot with people. I find that when young your close friends, life/work/kids etc you dont have much contact for me anyway, I also learnt that some people come and go like drinking friends, (10yrs sober now). People, Places, Things. If you try one thing that you ok with as a suggestion. For example I go to crafts once a week now. I am comfortable in a safe place that accepts disabilities, thats comforting. I know close family love me, but dont get it, they expect us to be normal but inside we are not well and I accept it as part of life. Enjoy your own company. I like to if I can and its tough try and find a seminar face to face of something new to learn. I have done if possible some one or two hours ones as thats all I can manage. Try some local library groups they have different things on. I think I off track now. But your not alone is feeling alone, I think the digital world create makes it worse. Take care 🙂

Sorry to hear, @Parzival  😢

I totally understand sometimes you could be in a crowded room but still feel so alone. Two of my adult children were here with me for a couple of days when they leave it breaks my heart. i sit and cry and wonder how my life got to this. I am so grateful for so many things bur the adhder in my head takes over evrything else,

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance