Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Deiann79
Casual Contributor

I've never felt so alone in my life

Nothing makes me happy anymore.

My teens are concerned, my face is tell all. Geez, even writing this is an effort.

I just want to give up. 

Please, someone help me.

I'm on meds and counselling.

I just feel so isolated and alone 😔 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I've never felt so alone in my life

Hugs @Deiann79 ,

It sounds so hard right now. I think many can relate to the feeling of not feeling happy anymore. 

I found myself in that state for nearly 15 years. It was tough.

However practicing skills such as reframing and talking to others can help you feel less alone.

We are here for you.

Can you think of ONE thing you can do to unwind tonight?

Hi @Deiann79

I know what you mean, I am isolated and lonely as well. I’m not sure what you are going through, but have had a year of those sort of feelings. Life is hard, but just keep going and things will improve. This is a great place to talk. You are doing the right thing reaching out because people care. Just be kind to yourself. I know what you mean about not being interested in anything, but take some time out and interest in things will pick up. You are just in the low part of the roller coaster. Just keeping riding until things get higher, then think about what could interest you. Also maybe ask your doctor for a review of your meds. Some can mess you around badly and make you feel like a zombie.  
Take care 

I also feel like this majority of the time. The find the only thing to help me is a feeling of relief I get when I can give up 1 thing that I feel like I have to do. Sometimes this is give up for tonight and not think about anything or give up and not doing anything and the thought of giving myself the allowance to not care that I am alone means I don't feel it. But you have to really not care and say to yourself, I am completely not caring about it tonight. If you still think about it and don't embrace the night off / the absolute nothing, it won't work. You have to completely give up and then there is a little freedom. Hope that make sense. It really is just giving yourself time and being okay with it but i only see that when I say I give up. And doesn't work if my brain is overthinking either, I have to be really tired of the thoughts.

It sounds like loneliness is a common theme here tonight @1bananaatatime @Deiann79 @Rockdog . It just goes to show that it is more common than we think!

I know I really struggled with isolation for the better part of my life. It wasn't great. It started as self-imposed isolation, then it ended up much worse.

By connecting on the forums, I hope you all find support in one way or another. You all deserve it. 

I hope to see you around on the forums!

@Deiann79 - Lonliness is an epidemic that people don't talk about but effects I think it's 1/4? What is causing your lonliness? I have found playing a social sport has really helped me feel connected to community, given me purpose and kept me active. What are your interests? Could you find a social setting for yourself?

Hi @Deiann79,

I'm very sorry to hear about your struggle with feelings of loneliness, it can be so isolating...

I, too, have struggled with deep feelings of loneliness and isolation, as someone who lives with mental health challenges and living in a regional area it's hard not to and it can come in waves.

Some things that have really helped me come out of my shell, is studying and volunteering as you meet like-minded individuals (both in person and online). Not only can it feel good to make new connections, but it can be really nurturing for the soul.

To echo what @Jasper_123 has asked, do you have any interests or hobbies?

As @tyme has said previously, we are here for you.

Be kind to yourself and take care,

defaultusername

Hi there, 

How are you both today @Deiann79 @1bananaatatime ?

Thinking of you and hope you are okay.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance