Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feel like im on the verge of a breakdown

Thanks @NatureLover i just cant seem to even though it might be thw right option. Im already so disowned by family its awkward.

@outlander  have you got anyone in rl who can help you out of the pickle you are in? i have a mental health nurse who I see once a week. I would be lost without her.

It's tough @outlander . Dad was assessed by someone from the regional health service's aged care and rehabilitation centre and they came to our place and took into consideration my disability.  The local council also provides some services like library access etc.  After he was in aged care one of my sisters started taking him out for shopping and a meal every week. We'd put him on a waitlist for a local nursing home a couple of years beforehand.  I think the family were disowning me more than him. You've got to get help from wherever you can or you'll both go under. Find the regional aged care providers, ring Council, talk to your gp. Dad was fiercely independent too but got exhausted trying to cope on his own while I was at work. Best wishes to you both.

Dimity 

not really @greenpea i dont really have anyone

thanks @Dimity hes had some assessments but he doesnt want the help and they seem to think hes capable of more then what he lets on.

Hi @outlander ,

I'm sorry to hear how much you are struggling at the moment. It sounds so overwhelming to handle all of these competing demands on your own. Your frustrations and worries are completely understandable. Heart

You mentioned that other's won't care for your pops, but also pressure you in taking on full responsibility for him without aid. It sounds quite unfair on you Smiley Sad I'm wondering if you would be able to elaborate on this to help me understand these relationships and this situation a little better?

Heart from cloudcore

@outlander wrote:
Thanks @NatureLover i just cant seem to even though it might be thw right option. Im already so disowned by family its awkward.

I'm sorry to hear, @outlander ...I do understand as I used to feel the same about my family. 

Sending hugs and 💙

its ok @cloudcore
basically my family dont really seem to care much when it comes to me. for example they will ring to see if pops home to visit him or invite only him out for dinner but never me. the only one or 2 might help one works alot but tries to help. couldnt take it on as a worker though. the other cant handle him more then a few hours. no one really wants to help. they like the idea of helping on an occassional basis to brag about it but besides that they dont want to help.

thank you @NatureLover Heart
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance