Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

@WIP 💞🌺🐾🐕

@Bow 🎀🌼🌻🌷

You seem to be doing a bit better now @WIP ? Getting the right meds and dosage can be tricky. 

my hospital stay back in April was for 5 days and they really did nothing. But once out and I seen my psychiatrist he introduced 2 new meds, which I feel has made a difference.

my hospital stay last week was 2 days. They ended up giving me IV potassium cause the oral dosages they were giving me weren't making a difference. That's pretty much all they did. It did result in my gp suggesting that I get in contact with the professor that I have been wanting to do for ages though, so that's a plus. 
what's today looking like for you?

Hey @Anastasia  leaving a squishy for you my friend 🤗

I'm sorry to hear your 5 day hospital stay didn't do much @Bow but your most recent visit seems to be what your body needed physically.

Great news the new meds are helping after such a short time and even better that you are getting in to see the professor you've been wanting to see for ages - two good results!

Not up to much today. Will watch the Fight MND Big Slide, which is always entertaining and then watch the footy. It's very cold here today. 
I also have to work myself up to my pdoc appt tomorrow, which I'm not looking forward to.

How about you? Is it a public holiday where you are?

Never really been into footy. What team do you go for?

yes public holiday here. Just been out to the the groceries for the week and just made a zucchini slice which is in the oven. Will attempt to eat some of that for dinner tonight. 
not really up to much else. My daughter is pushing all my buttons today and I just don't seem to have the patience at the moment, she can easily set me off, which is upsetting and frustrating for me. 2 weeks of school holidays coming up too. Decided that I will look into a vacation care program for her for a couple of days a week- if only for my own sanity. She is 5 going on 15, so much angst and attitude. 

Hi @Bow 

Sorry for the late reply. I took a couple of days away from the forum & then didn't get around to responding to you.

How's this week been with your daughter? My niece just turned 6 on the weekend, and she was incredibly troublesome from about 3 1/2 to almost 5. Looking into holiday school program for a couple of days a week, sounds like a really good idea. It'll be good for the both of you. Give you some space & she'll have a ball with all the activities.

How'd your zucchini slice turn out? It's one of my favourites. It tastes really yummy warm out of the oven, but still tastes ok for b'fast or lunch cold the next day.

Hey @WIP  a break is always good. Hope you are doing ok.

my daughter has been okish the last couple of days. But she had something for dinner that she has liked. She will eat pasta, so that's always a win. I will talk to my dietitian tomorrow about her too. 
I've let her have a look at the vacation care program and she has picked 2 days each week that she would like to go to. So will get in a book that and it's with the same place where she went to preschool last year so hopefully some of the same staff will be there. 
The zucchini slice was ok. Everyone except my daughter liked it. 

hows your week?

Hey @Bow  Good to hear back from you!

Kids can be so unpredictable with their moods. I know when my nephew and niece were still in Melb, that was  probably the only nights of the week that they ate veggies. Mum insisted that they sit and the table and ate what was served (knowing full well it wouldn't happen). Don't get me wrong, they never finished it all, but at least they got something into them.  For a while,'peas were a hit with my niece. No idea wh, but she'd eat a bowl full of them. My sister trickied both of them with cut up fish fillets. They though they were eating Maccas chicken nuggets. As long as they have something in their tummy, it's better than nothing at that age! If you're too worried, buy those vitagumies for them. My sister gives the to her kids and seem to help with fussy eaters. Your dietician will be able to guide you better than I can. 

Thats so great your D has chosen a couple of days she'd like to attend a couple of vacation days during the holidays. Any ideas what you will do with your spare days? 

Oh I've done the fish is chicken. And even pork is chicken. But at the moment meat is a no go mostly. I'm not looking forward to tonight's dinner tantrum. It makes what is already a highly stressful time for me even more stressful. I've done pasta and vegs again tonight but I've also done some spag bog sauce too, which I know she will complain about. 

I will probably just rest and recharge when she goes to vacation care. I'll need the me time. I get so touched out when she is home. Always on me, always wanting to touch me. It just gets too much.

hows your day been @WIP 

Sounds like a real challenge you have on your hands there. How'd you go last night with the pasta and vegs? What about sausages, will she give them a go? @Bow 

Luckily the school hols aren't too far away and you'll be able to get her into the vacation care, so you can have a bit of time out yourself. Sounds like you need it.

Its so cold in Melbs today, so I won't be up to much. I must start my diamond painting. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance