Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Changing meds

@WIP I just wanted to say from earlier, that it's totally ok to want to vent or express your feelings when things are hard! Not only is it ok to do, it's completely valid and I'd say healthy as well, rather than repressing any frustration or worry. 🌻

And sure there might be some unfortunate people experiencing a lot of other terrible things, but that doesn't automatically mean that you're perfectly fine. And it doesn't mean that you don't deserve to have your feelings heard and to be supported Heart

@Former-Member Heart

sorry @WIP yes Girasole is 100% right, I missed your entire message as my brain was focusing on the diamond painting!  💛💚💙

Thank you for your note @Former-Member 

Your words are greatly appreciated, and the fact you took the time to write to me means even more.

Thankmyounso much for your support.

Oh @WIP I really like my dietitian. I've really connected with her and wish she was my psych. It's not just about meal plans, it's around your relationship to it, food values etc. I use an app that she has access to and I log any thoughts around food and the struggles and we often talk about them in my appointments. 

the professor I have no idea what to do with that one. I originally manage to track her email down after the number my gp gave me for the referral wasn't right. A bit of googling etc. and I had a zoom appointment with her back in March. But she hasn't replied to my email from over a week ago, so I have no clue now. I'll keep trying. 

Thanks @Anastasia  yep I've tried that. She is happy to help prepare all sorts of veggies and will happyily complain and whinge the whole time that she doesn't like them! 
haven't tried her dishing up though. 

she's a tricky one! 🤗

You are such a great Mum @Bow 

It is so bl00dy hard hey.

I remember seeing plates of food where they were objects, so like the carrot is the characters arms and egg for example are the eyes, I'll google see if I can find, maybe something she might like?

Here's an idea. Shge can make them herself 🙂

Capture.PNG

Your dietician sounds great @Bow  That's a small win for you!!

Re the pdoc, keep pestering her via email with a copy of your referral. See if you GP will help also. It can be a minefield trying to navigate the MH system, as you know!! 

@Anastasia I chatted with my dietitian about my daughter and she suggested letting her dish up. We had a really long and in-depth conversation about her and I feel a little bit better about the whole thing. It's more than likely just a faze she is going through and I haven't given her an ED! 

@WIP  Yes she is amazing! I feel like I just had a really good appointment with her. Challenging as, but I've walked away with a few things to do. I even talked to her about this professor and she helped me track down a number to try too. So will keep trying. 

Oh @Bow sweetheart,

you haven't given your daughter an ED any more than I have given my son a MI, but i HEAR you. I have thought perhaps I have at times, as mothers we do that. Big hugs sweetie, you are being the best Mumma to your little girl, please don't let anyone suggest otherwise 🙂

I am so happy you have found your dietician too, what a huge win...keep smiling beautiful, you too @WIP x

Hey @Bow  I'm so pleased to hear that your dietician appt went well.  There's no way you've given her an ED, so try to stop that silly thinking! I'm glad she gave you some new ideas to try. Find me a kid at the age of 5 who eats properly. I'll win the lottery!!!!

I'm really happy to hear that she'll be able to help you track down this prof's details - save you all the leg work and stress.

Have a good night lovely -'you've had a really positive day - YAY!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance