Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

sjpersonal
Senior Contributor

Cant keep going on

Cant keep going on

Not sure what to do as lately been having local mental health call me both Friday and today to check in on me as apparently they have me on their system as a Medium S@#@$d risk and told me I'm NDIA's responsibility.

I cant take more of this as the stress is sending my bipolar completely unstable (thinking hypomanic not sure could never understand moods) due to stress and GP under medicating me according to the 2 moodstabiliser blood tests he conducted after putting me on moodstabiliser for "agitation" as refuses to acknowledge bipolar dispite 3 independent treating past psychiatrists

Today they told me I am not their responsibility as they are only short term and cant refer me onto anyone, GP isnt back til 15th Feb.

In tears all day after the phone call as not sure what to do as bipolar is unstable and do have plans (but no plans to act atm) all my life goals are all completely out of reach and needing more and more disability supports even to the point I am currently refusing continence advice of taking both types of laxatives (I take one laxative 3 times a week) but not the (other laxative) twice daily as I am terrified of ending up dual incontinent as had few close calls when I was forced to take it continually in respite as well as I am terrified of increasing my water in take to 3 litres due to it increasing bladder issues.

God I so hate my life and needing the government refused support as both my mental and physical heath is deteriorating and cant really look after myself

Even my Physical OT is quite concerned but cant do anything regarding safety and deterioration and told me last yearshe cant see me lasting another year in the NDIA OT Functional report she stated which NDIA continues to totally disregard (12 pages long)

" If the supports are not implemented
He is going to deteriorate both physically and mentally and will require increased support or possibly
institutional care which is against the principles of the NDIS and not what Sjpersonal wishes for his life.

In summary at present he requires an estimated minimum of 5 hours of supported care per day 7
days a week. This is more than was anticipated in the initial set up and is a result of the inadequate
provision of care to this date. I expect his physical and mental disability will continue to decline
without this level of care."

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cant keep going on

Hey there @sjpersonal I am really sorry to hear of this, it sounds like there's a fair bit of stress between all of your treatment teams and NDIA, totally understandable that this would have an affect on your mania. I don't know if it is useful at all but we had an online event originally aimed at Carers but which may have some useful info for you here. One of our Peer Ambassador special guests had a lot of insight into the system as well as some avenues a few of our other members weren't aware of for support.

In terms of your own emotional health, between the physical treatment team and your mental health team - is there one practitioner you trust or have good rapport with who can help you minimise some of these confusions? Our community is here to listen as always Heart We want you to know you're not alone in the journey. Also, between 10am-10pm weekdays our SANE Help Centre is there for a chat too if you need. Speak soon @sjpersonal 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance