Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @Former-Member I'm a latecomer with Bitcoin! I have a basic book on it in the Dummies series which I borrowed from the library but ended up having to buy recently

Yes sometimes the heat can cause any moisture in the dehydrated produce to sweat a bit!  Its best stored in a stable temperature.

I would be very interested to hear what power generator you got. I don't drive and refilling with diesel may be an issue trying to get to a petrol station. There was one online place that enabled you to buy diesel over the internet for convenience I noticed. I think the company was called Diamond Machinery

I did see one generator that drew on your gas supply connected to your house so you did not have to go out and buy diesel. Don't know how long however we will have access to natural gas as everything is going electric so that may not be an option. Do you know anything about this and whether or not this option is feasible? You seem so knowledgeable about a range of topics I wondered whether or not I could still draw on gas supply or if gas is being closed down totally alltogether?

I hope you have a nice day today. I've been cleaning my kitchen and watching the astrology for the new moon solar eclipse falling on Tuesday. Its very chaotic energy. I thought i would share this vedic astrology for the eclipse as I love this young lady. She is so talented with a great many insights to share:

Sending you my love

S.G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_4yv6McKs

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes I think it’s a great idea to read up on anything to do with cryptocurrencies before getting involved/converting fiat currency to cryptocurrency @SmilingGecko 🌺🙂

even reading up about storage and security around your currencies, as well the ethical nature (or not) of various exchange and trading platforms. If you know them well and are comfortable with them (storage and trade/exchanges) that goes a long way towards how you trade and store your crypto. 
some are better than others, so good research from reputable sources is highly recommended 😊🌺

ah, that makes sense regarding the dehydrated veggies! 
I haven’t ever done it before, but I was thinking to dehydrate bananas for a crunchy snack, without the preservatives that often come with store-bought items 🌺🙂

Ok, regarding power, I have a solar photovoltaic panel and backup battery system here, which is linked to the grid via a digital multimeter (power box) on the side of my house. 
my PV/battery coordination is handled by a very good SunGrow Chinese inverter (robust, long lasting, and cheaper), and the direction of flow in terms of pricing (cost per unit from the grid/feed in tariff, according to peak and off peak timeframes) is managed by a Reposit smart box (so, when I have heaps of power, Reposit throws tons at the grid, then when I am short in production, Reposit takes it from the grid in the most economical way while using my storage from the battery..eg, during peak time, uses all my own power from the panels, and my battery, without drawing expensive power, and when the cost comes down, takes power from the grid, to charge my battery for the night on the days when my panels aren’t producing huge power - like on rainy days). 

having said that, I don’t have a generator at the moment, however I have been looking at tri-fuel generators, which run on propane, natural gas, and gasoline…

I have gas here, so I could run a gennie tapped to the bbq outlet outside, if I ever had the inverter go down, when there is no power from the grid, to provide power (if inverter is out of service, I can’t draw power off the battery because the inverter is the big coordinator of what goes where, while Reposit moves power sources based on costs and can’t work without having the big central station coordinating movement, which is the inverter). The digital multimeter, by the way, just records movement for the electricity supplier so they know which direction power is moving (are they selling or buying from me at any given moment), and how much, in terms of billing. That also talks to the local node (transformer) which tells my multimeter to limit power to the grid on sunny days because it can’t handle how much raw power I am producing 😉).

ok, getting back to a gennie… I was thinking to get a smart generator that can integrate with my inverter (the central station of the entire system), so if I lose grid, lose panels, lose battery, it’ll start the gennie as long as it’s plugged in to the gas supply for fuel, and tada - power only flashes off for a few seconds before it starting up and flowing from the gennie to the inverter, through the house, powered by gas. 
due to the second law of thermodynamics, a byproduct of fuel combustion is heat, so I was wondering where I should place the generator, to capture the heat generated from it, because if power is lost and the gennie is on, if it is inside the house with some sort of exhaust to outside, which would radiate heat prior to exhaust expulsion outside, then I could use it to also heat the room, considering my heating system is also electric - the thermal radiant heat would reduce electricity demand by the reverse cycle heating system 🙂

like having one of those fireplaces that have a long chimney where much of the hot waste gas going up the chimney is what emits radiant heat into the room…except I would have a lovely gas generator there in place of a fireplace. If it is well sound insulated, I wouldn’t mind the background noise 🙂

Anyway, a tri-fuel generator is what might be worth looking in to, and then the amount of automation you need (ie: do you need it to start as a UPS, or are you happy to go turn the key outside, once you lose power - keeping in mind that if you’re asleep, you may not notice a loss of power for some hours, or if you’re away and need to have uninterrupted power supply for food storage/fridge/freezer, or pets/fish tank, etc). 
I hope that is helpful in some way? 💜🌺🙂

and thank you so much for the link - that was very interesting regarding the eclipse! 🙂🌺

I hope you have a lovely afternoon 🤗🌺🦩💜

forgot to say, that with a generator, having it bypass the entire system I have would be a safety I would have in place, so if my entire system goes down, and the grid loses power, I could go and start the generator on gas, and it would power the house regardless of the inverter - the inverter would only be linked to the generator to start it if it needed it and was still operational (ie: no sun, flat battery, and grid is down, but inverter is working). Hope that makes sense, and is also helpful 🌺🙂

Hi @Former-Member  I took a copy of your post. Thanks. Also, its on page 8290 of Good Morning thread as some time in the future you will ask people where you posted this ... lol ..

😁

your tri fuel gennie sounds 'bi' ie gas is gas, just jet size etc re natural and LNG think.

back in the day (1920s-50s) tractors  and generators would run on literally anything. kerosine, turps, diesel ok all petroleum products and mostly uneconomical these days as producers charge More for things things that require less interference. would you believe kerosine and diesel used to be a lot cheaper then petrol as less processed. oil producers way too tricky these days. I just mean super low tech, low performance , like these engines were running at way under 1000rpm could be fed just about anything ok molasses , think, should do waste motor oil, cooking oil etc.

also , there are external combustion engines, heat engines, Stirling engines etc. 

Also, prob not so economical yet, but do see a lot around the Barossa on backroads in vineyards .. Wind turbines that are like 5-10 metres tall and for personal use, would seem. We had one on farm where I was born. Had not mains power til years after. was very inefficient 32 v 'windlight'  that mum used to curse . could only do washing on windy days. well that was prob only elect. appliance. fridge ran kero, was wood stove, guess lights ran from battery/ had lots of lamps. no aircons etc. 

Anyway, guess wind was not so much of a problem. If go to old farmhouse now, there are like 3 wind turbines within 500metres of it lol

@TAB @Former-Member @SmilingGecko @Healandlove @tonys @Meowmy @Shaz51 

sorry I have been out of touch. I have been having a flare up of my illness.

Got onto psychiatrist. Getting it sorted. Back soon.

All the best @Oaktree 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

haha, yes indeed - Im sure Ill be asking where I have posted this sometime in the future @TAB  🙌😂. ... have you seen Little Britain, where David Walliams' character says repeatedly "... I had a bag, where's my bag? Im sure I had a bag.." while looking around.. thats me. Looking for posts Im sure I had somewhere! 😁 ... I had a post, where's that post? Im sure I had a post...!

Yes, I also thought the tri should be bi, regarding gasses (in my mind, gas is gas, and each generator that burns gas should have the right kit to facilitate both types) however that is how the manufacturers classify them, so I thought Id better be technically correct, rather than risk seeming slightly confusing by saying bi to cover both gasses, and gasoline 🙂 

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if those engines were used much more often? The use of waste products as a fuel would seem to me to be sensible.. 

Thats really interesting regarding a domestic wind turbine being used... I knew a guy who ran a business in Goulburn NSW that was all about renewable energy, he was at the north end of town, selling all sorts of energy efficiency products including this odd looking wind turbine that looked like a type of curved vertical multi fin arrangement that span around the central support axis, instead of being like a daisy head of prop fins. 

I watched years ago as they installed the prop fin style turbines in Crookwell, out past Goulburn, and when they were installing those on the north side of Lake George on the way to Canberra. I dont know much at all about them, however I reckon it would be great if they could be installed on roofs and were cost/energy efficient, because they would run day and night (when the wind is blowing). 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Take good care of you @Oaktree  and it'll be lovely to see you back when youre ready 

Till then, sending you good vibes and positivity 🙂 💜🌺

@Oaktree get well soon, lovely! Hope to see you back soon. Take care ❤️

Take care @Oaktree

Good night all
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance