Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Hi all, just dropped in briefly to see how those I know are going.

My update is, another move. But this one is a very positive one. I have found a safe place in housing, with some great neighbors. The very sad news is, my fur baby passed away the day I moved here, just over a year ago. That was devastating, and as I know many here understand, going on without her felt impossible at times.

But we don’t know what lies ahead, and waiting for a new home, was a beautiful 6 year old boy. He took awhile to adjust having been abandoned, but he’s doing just fine now. He takes me for a walk every morning but takes his protective instinct a little too far. We all have our quirks.

Going to have a look around and see who is still on the forums.

Hope you all are doing as best you can. 🥰

hi @Maggie so good to see you!
thank you for your update. im sorry about your furbaby last year but everything else seems more positive and to be going well for you

Thankyou @outlander, yes, things are going much better than they were a few years ago for me.

I caught up a bit on your thread. Seems you are going through some treatment at the moment. Hope I have that right! I hope it helps, as you have have many health battles over the years. Looks like family dynamics are the same. Thankyou for your reply, much appreciated.💕

im really glad things are going better @Maggie i know it was really tough for you too.

what are you doing with yourself these days? how are you occupying your time?

family dynamics are the same and still troublesome but there is change on the horizon. i think by the end of next year i wont be a carer anymore and ill be more off on my own

@outlander So pleaded to hear your carers duty will be coming to an end this year. Time to look after you for a change. I hope you get all the support you deserve.

I’m still painting stones and canvases 😂😂😂. Have entered a few exhibitions and sold some also. Both unexpected, but very grateful for the appreciation. I’m really enjoying it, and more confident with paint these days, even if it’s all over everything I wear. 😂

oh i remember your amazing stones @Maggie im so glad theres people that can appreciate them in person!
thats so cool to be entering exhibitions!

Hi @Maggie

@TheVorticon Hi there. I hope you are ok enough. Thanks for replying.💕

Yes @Maggie, things are reasonably good with me at the moment. I'd been wondering how you were doing so I'm glad to see that it's a fairly positive update. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance