Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

Hey @outlander 

That is a beautiful cuppa

Heart

We have not chatted for a while.

What has been going on for you lately.

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Haha @Aopleblossom,vi think we're kindred spirits with op shop finds and music alone 🤗 Finally played the alto today, (by ear as if it was a descant) and yes, the tone is richer i like it, and barely squeeked 😁 Forgotten the fingering for 2nd octives so have some work to do there, and that's a good idea I"playing tunes an active higher or lower for prac. I'll look into the tenor. Surprising they're not more popular.
🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

@Former-Member 

Heart

Good you are finding a new pastime.  I am trying to use recorder to memorise tunes and keep my brain and breathing well.

Apparently some folkies disapprove of recorders cos of the way descants were misused in schools.

Singing this, plus lots other music, cant give away too much for anonymity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCYjOHvbUBk 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hugzz @Appleblossom - love the link - very soothing listening. 

Not brain 'memory' for me. These days music bypasses the brain, comes from the heart region last few years... hard to explain. Emotional memory I guess. 

Good Music is spiritual 🎶

@Former-Member 

Maybe music making is so complex it involves many parts of being human and being alive.

Heart

A bit of heart and bit of brain and a bit of body is needed.

Heart

Each person can relate in their own way.  

Heart

@Emelia8 I love your supports.  Good to 'see' you.

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Well said @Appleblossom 🎶 What are you up to today?

Music ... singing ... Kodaly Missa Brevis

Recorder ... Dozen Dance tunes

Piano ... organ rep and Aged Care rep

garden and walk to distant guerilla garden.

@Former-Member 

@Appleblossom @Former-Member 🤗💕👍🌸

Its really nice to see you @Appleblossom 

How is life treating you? 

@Anastasia 

Heart

Had long conversations in early hours 2 nights running with my son.  Which is good, but meant I slept in. Not giving myself a hard time about time keeping. Going Gently.  HIs hours are topsy turvy again, but he is doing his best and so am I.  I pray that is enough.

Taking consolation from being back at challenging choir. I need stuff to get my teeth into.

Had a couple of bad experiences a couple weeks ago, but getting over it, putting problem where it is, and choosing a church. Looking online and at local. A fellow told me to church shop a few months ago, which shocked me, but maybe is the right thing to do, rather than submitting to every Tom and Tess and dealing with their prejudices.  Had a coffee and a walk on Wednesday with a decent chap ... so who knows in this crazy life ... keeping grounded and gardening and in old clothes for today.

How are you Bella?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance