Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Breakup, Trauma, Anxiety

Thanks a lot for listening. I appreciate your help and kind words. 

hopefully space will make the heart grow for both of us 

Hey there @MakeupRose 🙂

PinkFlamingo here, Im a Peer Guide volunteer here on the Forums 🌺

I was just reading your thread, and wanted to gently say I understand how hard it can be sometimes with relationships... I learned when I was young to build up a wall and not let anyone close, and if someone did get close, it was really hard - I didn't know how to let them 'in', and that resulted in disconnection, arguments, and misunderstandings..  I would come away feeling confused, ashamed, guilty, and insecure. Rinse: repeat, sadly. 

I just wanted to kindly write and say I feel for you, and have some experience with what youre going through. The thing I learned is, there is no one answer or solution. however there is always the opportunity to gently keep trying to learn and grow, and make new choices regarding those walls and who we can trust to let in 🙂💜

Feel free to tag me if you'd like to chat, I would be more than happy to sit with you if you'd like that 🙂

Hello! 

Thank you so much for your kind words. 

I’ve always had my walls up for many reasons and it’s affected so many relationships and friendships in my life. I struggle to keep friends because no one my age these days understands mental health and the importance of letting people breathe if they don’t want to go out ect. 

Im going to start therapy soon to find strategies to put my guard down. For my own sake and my partners. I know how important it is to seek help at a young age to avoid later in life complications. 

If you have any tips i would love to hear them 🙂 

Hey @MakeupRose we've sent you an email, keep an eye out for it 😊

I also wanna commend you for taking these positive steps forward in nurturing your mental health, and your willingness to engage in the processes of change and recovery. We'll be here to walk beside you along your journey as long as you need 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance