Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

that's sad re friend @Flying_Hams  wondering re timing of telling you, don't know. and re 'intern' not being a cruise well, its still a ship re Internship lol Being interested is the main thing . You will be fine.

@Flying_Hams hey Hamsolo, make sure you get plenty of rest and do things you enjoy. When it gets a bit tough. We need to be kind to ourselves.

Confidences from friends can vary. @Flying_Hams A bit depends on whether they were just sharing and not wanting to burden you, or whether you have an obligation to do anything about it other than listen, and hold it in confidence as a gift of trust.  If you cannot fix the problem try not to let it get you down, just make you wiser.

Heart

It does show trust from your friend in you @Flying_Hams to talk about something so personal. He must believe you are not only trustworthy but empathetic - both things we see in you too so he has good judgement from my point of view.

It is pretty massive that he confided in you and I see how you feel burdened witht hat knowledge but all you need to do is listen and be there for him when you can (and that has to be on your terms to protect yourself also). Does he have a psych or therapist that he sees? It would be good to know that so if he hasn't you can suggest he sees someone ...and if he does then you can thank him for trusting you to confide in you but also suggest he talks this through with his therapist as they are better placed to help him work through this. That does not mean you are abandoning him but it does mean you are protecting yourself whilst making sure he has support - this stuff is super heavy so looking after yourself is imperative also.

As for your internship - it is something you are interested in so although it will undoubtedly throw up it's own challenges it should also give you some further insight into the area and hopefully allow you to work out if that is a direction you still want to go in the future. Goodluck for tomorrow Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom @Zoe7
🙂

It is what it is

@outlander @oceangirl @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy @Everan @Teej @Appleblossom @eudemonism @frog @eth @Gazza75 @Everan @Former-Member @Angels333 @Doglover @Sophia1 @saturnzoon @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @Former-Member @Molliex @Smc
@Ant7 @Adge @Former-Member @Owlunar @Queenie @utopia

Home from grocery shop.

Well today turned out okay.
I didn't know what I'd be doing today. But I managed to tidy up the house clean some things out. Tore up the boxes from the new dishwasher. That all emptied all over the carport... That was annoying. I got annoyed. But had to be done. Through it all out. Jumped in the ball for a swim.
Then came up to play pc. Then had to get dry cleaning. But went this morning and ended up not getting it til this arvo as I didn't see 3pm written on the ticket. Lol.

Picked up sister. She is sick. From the heat.
Sure enough at the shops there were no bags left.. So ended up just taking loose items with me to car. Sure enough they bought out new bags... Lol.

Now I am at home. I need to cook dinner. Will make it on BBQ. Will be too hot in kitchen.

Watching tennis now. Seems like Federer may crash out. But it's been a hell of a match..

Having another colonoscopy yay was just paperwork today guidelines say do it ha @Shaz51 lol @Flying_Hams

Gday shazzy @Shaz51 🙂

All the best with it tabs @TAB

Yeah no idea when . They will contac me @Flying_Hams
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance