Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: im back..... i think

I have put weight on outlander, through moving from the farm to in town ,but mostly fat around back and stomach from stress hormone.Eat for comfort,stress,the way I bring food up shouldn't be obese.Know I need to try and get healthy as stress and funny enough digestion likes sugar ,and can't eat fruit no longer due to non tolerance for absorption.Do eat vegetables but.You are a mess for your age!,lol.I need orthotics but got wide flat feet,hard to have them in shoes.Had to have a x-ray on left foot today,worried I am facing a operation as I think I need fusion on top of foot where a spur is.Got one on each heel too.Told I would need fusion years ago one day,and I think I know it before the doctor says it,as I have to stop all the time on the walk and the antiinflammatories for the rhumatoid doesn't help.It is hard to have a positive mind outlander.As for the gidgee,I can't help you there as it's hard I know when you have a heart , especially when she could end up at the dogger's.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I can't afford a podiatrist now outlander,and my mother gets the shits with me but I will have to discuss it with my doctor because she is 50% of my anxiety.The day I had that car shit,she was with me and there are times you have a conversation with her and she's not there.Today when she questioned today as Friday and other times scares the crap out of me.
The horse...Knew you'd say that with your heart.💟

Yes funny that- cant keep food down yet putting on weight. Stupid anxiety. Stupid everything.
Hmm you might have solced an ailment ive been having with sugar. Anything over a teaspoon in a cup of tea makes me feel like shite.

Yes Li1. Im a complete f**king mess. A complete F**king mess for anyones age!.
Scoliosis, slipped disk, a stupid hip, sciatica, shite vision, stupid mental illness that apparently is now outta control yet again, injuries that will never heal because of a stupid f**king DR not doing his jo properly and now I have to pay for it, hpv, breast cysts that keep coming back, infections downsatirs that apparently I get all the friggin time, and now f**king vertigo. Fat ugly and probaly eventually going to go bald What next! Honestly! I cant jeep up. These things were the reason I wanted to commit suicide in the first palce. Im 20 and complete f**king mess! Whats in store for when im older.

I hope for your sake you wont have to have surgery but if itll help with your pain then id be doing it. If I had the chance now to have surgury instead of having to live with this shite I would but I cant its all inoperable now.

Yes podiatrsits are expensive, msut admit that.

I think discussing it with your gp would be a good idea. Its sad how family members can cause so much anxiety within ourselves isnt it my family esp my sisters casue a lot of my anxiety.

And yes I seem to have a heart and a weak spot for all the troubled thing

@Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

I had cattle outlander,when I'd put them on the cattle truck or have to use a stick to get them to go up the ramp I'd hate myself .When I sold my final lot I hated myself, one ,my cow who was my poddy calf is buried in the paddock with the horse bit by a snake and my dogs and cats...Love them forever.My cow Daisy,would follow me when I called her name and her family would follow.I could put my arms around her neck and hug her.I don't know either outlander,at the moment not SC,if I don't do something to control my stress,I worry I will have a heart attack,as my stress level atm is high,this morning with mother it was.I have high cholesterol too.I can't get a job hope I don't have to have surgery but I requested the x-ray because I know I have a problem.Fusion would mean recovery of 6-12 weeks so be hard for me to gain employment.Yes sisters,I don't talk to mine and my mother started talking about them to me this morning.I didn't want to know because I have been trying to control my blood pressure by keeping calm and I was worried about my foot x-ray....Bloody family.

I have missed you too @outlander 💕 And yes feels like forever. I know you went to hospital as I saw that post. My internet was soooo slow whilst away that I could not jump on and post to give you support. I will put photos up when I finally get them off my camera...hopefully later in week. I am feeling really tired today. Sleep catching up maybe? I didn't sleep all that well when was on my holidays. Maybe it is the different environment.

I see the posts you and @Former-Member have been exchanging. Having a positive mindset is more difficult for one person and easy for another. I can see with all that has happened to you why it is easier said than done. One step at a time my friend. You lost some weight YAY!!!  Try to think of each small achievement as a positive. Even if you have 2 negative thoughts and one positive that is good. 

In terms of losing weight. Every persons body differs unfortunately. It really is (or I have been told) 20% exercise and 80% what we eat. Sleep and drinking lots water apparently is important too. A bunch of PTs have told me that doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) for 20 mins also is better than running on treadmill for 20 mins straight. Run fast for 4 mins then walk for 1 min...something like that. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I was a obese child,I read a story in the paper last week where can conducted a study on obese Finland children years ago(didn't think they'd be obese),,found later in life lot of them have high cholesterol,blood pressure etc.I thought how true for me!(they forgot stuffed in the head!Lol)

@Anony18 thanks fir reading on the posts. Thats ok you dont have to fully catch up. It imagine the environment very different. I dont think id sleep much either. Travelling does make u tired so its a high possibility that your bodys coming off tgat hogh as well.

Ive tried the positive thinking and thats all i did and flipper everything around so its positive and it hasnt gotten me far. Im still me pity that.

Yeah ive heard those percentages too as well as hit. I started doing that but with all the paddock cleaning i do like today i did 5 hours and tomorrow another 3 i think my exercise is covered. Amd when im not paddoxk cleaning im weedint and when im not doing that im walking. I do at least an hour if not more a day of exercise

Lol @Former-Member
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance