Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Winning recipes!

Thanks for the tag @Shaz51

I can't wait to see what people share!

Former-Member
Not applicable

@xtine one cooking thread

Thanks @Former-Member 🙂

I do enjoy dessert for dinner, so here's a recipe for pear and rhubarb crumble.
It's gluten free, pretty much paleo and vegan and makes quite a lot. I've put double the crumble ingredients because I like to make a big crumble with lots of crumble topping. I usually leave it out of the fridge and eat it for breakfast, dinner, lunch - whenever!!

CRUMBLE!

Preheat oven to 170ºC fan forced

Filling:
5 pears, peeled, cored and cut into even segments
1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed and cut into even segments
1/2-3/4 cup coconut or palm sugar, to sprinkle over
Juice 1/2 lemon to sprinkle over
Various spices, such as star anise or cinnamon or nutmeg, vanilla pod or paste - to taste

<if using two soft fruits like strawberries and raspberries, sift over 1tsp cornflour or arrowroot to thicken)
<you can substitute apples for pears, strawberries/raspberries for rhubarb or just have raspberries and strawberries - whatever you like, really!)

Topping:
2 cups gluten free flour
2 cups almond meal
2 cups coconut or brown sugar
120-150g coconut oil, melted (add more if crumble mix looks a bit dry; it should resemble breadcrumbs)
Handfuls of chopped nuts for extra crunch, if desired (eg hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamia, pecans)

Method:
Put the fruit into skillet or crumble tray, sprinkle sugar, cornflour (if using) and lemon juice over. Sprinkle over the spices/vanilla paste.

Make the crumble mix by mixing all the dry ingredients then stirring in the coconut oil.
Spread evenly over the fruit.

Bake for around 45 minutes. The liquid from the fruit should bubble up slightly. If the top is burning, you can cover the top loosely with foil or baking paper or change your oven setting away from fan forced to just the bottom element of the oven (without adjusting the temperature).

Serve with your choice of either: pouring cream, ice cream, yogurt or coconut yogurt or just eat plain!

Ok, here's another one for scrambled tofu.

This keeps in the fridge well. If you use a 250g block of firm tofu, you'll get enough for more than two meals for people who don't have huge appetites.

This is great - just a couple of big spoonfuls warmed up on a slice of bread is a great quick breakfast on the go or snack, or wrap up in Lebanese bread or flatbread.

There are some good drizzle sauces in the vegie section that are good toppings for this - or just use sweet chilli sauce, hot sauce, olive oil - whatever takes your fancy.

Generally I leave out the potatoes, but do whatever work for you!

https://minimalistbaker.com/southwest-tofu-scramble/

those recipes sound sooo good @xtine Smiley Very Happy

Definitely some of my current faves! You can also add rose petals or dried hibiscus flowers to the fruit part for something more exotic ^o^

@xtine, @Former-Member, @outlander,
@Harriet, @NikNik, Smiley Very Happy

Pancakes are great

Former-Member
Not applicable

Three veg roasting ideas:

1. Cauliflower segments lightly coated with olive oil and dusted with Moroccan spices

2. Pumpkin lightly coated in olive oil with crushed garlic and sage leaves

3. Diced potato, coated in olive oil with crushed garlic and bruised rosemary leaves
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance