Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Hi sis 

Howa your day been? Any luck with your  assignment? @Sans911 

My day's been quiet which is how I like it. I'm reading a library book atm because I'm usually hopeless at getting them read in time before they're due back. And I'm sick of my phone games.

I just realised the time, so I'll get a Milo after this post. I went for a walk this afternoon, joined by two others.

I did about 300 words of my assignment so not much but better than the previous nothing. I'm not even half way yet so quite a bit more to go to finish.

How's your day been today @outlander?

I cant seem  to get into any books atm @Sans911 whatever worka foe you. Im playing zoo tycoon  and making my own zoo on the ds. 

Sounds like a nice walk and a quiet day too. Well done on getting some of your assignment done. Its better than not doing any at all. 

My days been :pile_of_poo: but at least its almost over now. I have my psych in the morning and the kids in the am and after school  but not much else. What about you? 

Sorry you've had a tough day. It'll be good to see your pysch tomorrow - get some things out of your head.

I've got a walk on the morning then a volunteer morning tea at the op shop (it's volunteer week). I have an appointment in the afternoon with someone to help me with the NDIS paperwork at the clinic. So assignment work in between those times.

So not a terribly busy day. And I don't have to travel too far which is how I like it.

I just realised both the cats are facing me tonight. They're both nodding off to sleep; Jasper is taking a little longer to relax.

@outlander 💜 💜 💜 💜

Yeah i guess. I dont really feel like talking to her though. I still dont really know in regards to therapy. Might just be abit of the stuff thats happening here lately esp for the physical stuff the past week or so. Ill see how i go with her tomorrow. @Sans911 

It sounds  like itll be a good day tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the morning tea with your  fellow volunteers. 

Little cuties. If they wake can you give them a pat for me.. 

💜💕💚

Im starting to drift  abit @Sans911  so im going to head to bed now. 

Goodnight sis hope your day goes well tomorrow 💜💜💜

Evening lil Sis @outlander p

I'm just wondering how your day went.

I had my appointment with the NDIS support worker, and the paperwork took quiet some time to complete. Lots of questions were asked about how I manage now and my worst days. It wasn't easy or comfortable because in order to get the NDIS funding I had to be honest about how I'm not taking the best care of myself. Not even my case manager was truly aware that I don't shower every day or struggle to keep the unit clean. I am ashamed at how I live atm but I just don't have the energy or motivation to take care of things like I used to. And he asked me how many hospital admissions I've had and frequency of sh. I have a headache this evening because of it all and can't focus on my assignment.

Evening @Sans911 💜

That sounds like an overwhelming  time today sis. Lots of thing having to be spoken  about. Lots of the tougher stuff. What is the next step now? 

Im not surprised your  not up for your  assignment, even without a headache id imagine it was abit draining today...

As soon as I stood up at the end of the meeting I almost sat down again. And as I walked out to my car I felt an overwhelming tiredness. I didn't realise how hard it was going to be. The NDIS support worker has to type up the paperwork, get medical reports & discharge summaries. Then he submits those and waits for approval. That could take between three to six months. If it's not approved,
we have to appeal it. If its approved, then we go to a planning meeting to decide what I need. So lots of waiting again.

How was your pdoc appt this morning @outlander?

My fingers are crossed that you get approved  without the need to appeal it and that you wont have to wait 6 months to hear back from them. 

I can tell they are big sessions just from what youve told me esp the content. That in itself is tiring. Have you done much self care? 

It was a psych appt today, still waiting to hear back about an appt with a new pdoc. Have been told right now its a 6-8week wait but he is alot cheaper then where i was going to go.  The psych today basically just contributed the day from going bad to worse and has continued to get worse throughout  the day. Have been in bed since 6oclock wishing the day would hurry up and end. SI is through  the roof so here is the safest place to be. 

Its quiet kid free day tomorrow or so far anyway which would be helpful since sunday im around a heap of kids for around 5 hrs. 

Whats your day/weekend looking like tomorrow? @Sans911 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance