cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Poppet1
Contributor

The doldrums

I posted that I had visited my GP and about to start on preparing a mental health plan .... scheduled for this coming Friday. Since Christmas Eve after my grandchildren had a visit from our local RFS Santa and Elves i have been feeling really quite depressed, even more than before. I've just wanted to burst into tears for no apparent reason. I'm hoping the next few weeks improve my state of mind and my anxiety.

Thanks for being here

3 REPLIES 3

Re: The doldrums

I'm sorry to hear things have been tough @Poppet1 . Sometimes, tears come and it doesn't make sense, but they just need to be let out. That's ok. Here with you as you ride out this wave and hoping the waters will settle soon 💙

Burnt
Bushfire Community Ambassador

I’m sorry to hear @Poppet1 

A sensitive time of year for all and I can sympathise with you. You’re doing a great job and always remember we are aloud to yell and rant when needed. Our emotions are valid and we deserve to express ourselves. How has the new year been treating you? 

I have been quite busy, caught up in our own world, it has kept my mind off things. 

Is there anything I can suggest that may help with cheering up? Beach walk? Nature walk? 

Anxiety is the absolute worst, deep breath. Deep breath. 

I hope you’re getting rain where you are, if so go enjoy the smell of the rain. Xx

YouAreNotAlone
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Hey @Poppet1,

I am sorry to hear it’s been hard! I completely understand and have been feeling pretty similar. It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to not be okay. We experienced something incredibly traumatic, and that leaves an impact.

Are there things you can do to help feel better when you feel low?

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: